MJisALIVEru

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » MJisALIVEru » Окружение » Shmuley Boteach

Shmuley Boteach

Сообщений 1 страница 5 из 5

Rabbi's pitch to pope: Use family dinners to defuse abuse crisis By Dan Gilgoff, CNN    http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europ … use.rabbi/
April 29, 2010 -- Updated 0134 GMT (0934 HKT)

(CNN) -- A rabbi walks into St. Peter's Square, meets the pope, and tells the Holy Father that one way to defuse the sex abuse scandal plaguing the church is for the Vatican to begin promoting a secular version of Shabbat dinner, the traditional Jewish Friday meal.

It's no joke.

A prominent American rabbi, Shmuley Boteach, spoke briefly to Pope Benedict XVI on Wednesday about encouraging parents to eat dinner with their children as a way for the Vatican to re-establish its pro-family image, which has been battered by the priest sex abuse scandal, Boteach said.

The brief exchange came after the pope's regular Wednesday address at the Vatican, during which Boteach was seated on a dais along with other Vatican guests. When he met Benedict on a receiving line afterward, Boteach pitched him on his family dinner initiative, called "Turn Friday Night into Family Night."

"I said ... 'If the church embraces an initiative like this, which is positive, it could put a lot of the scandal behind it,'" Boteach said, recounting his chat with the pope. "People will see the church doesn't just speak about opposition to gay marriage and abortion.'"

The pope appeared to be receptive to the idea, Boteach said. " 'We have to work together on this, we have to work together on this,' " Boteach quoted the pope as saying. But, Benedict did not make a firm commitment to the family dinner initiative, the rabbi said.

The Vatican was not immediately available for comment.

"The church is now perceived as not being a champion of families because the scandal has hit with so much force," Boteach said. "I came (to the Vatican) as a friend and as someone who is critical as well. Because my criticism is real, the church knows my friendship is real."

Following his talk with the pope, Boteach said he was invited to meet with Cardinal Walter Kasper, who spearheads the Vatican's Jewish outreach, with whom Boteach fleshed out his criticism of the church's response to priestly sex abuse.

Boteach was invited to the Vatican to look over documents related to Pope Pius XII, the Holocaust-era church leader who Benedict has signaled he would like to move closer to sainthood.

The rabbi has been a spiritual adviser to Michael Jackson, who died last year, and a frequent guest on Oprah Winfrey's talk show.

A number of recent Vatican actions have caused tensions between the church and the Jewish world. Last year, Benedict lifted the excommunication of a Holocaust-denying bishop, Richard Williamson.

Earlier this month, the pope's personal preacher compared the fury over sexual abuse within the church to anti-Semitism, though the priest, the Rev. Raniero Cantalamessa, later apologized.

But Boteach has been impressed by the Vatican's overtures to him and to other Jewish leaders. "I thinks he's a friend to the Jews -- a very close friend," Boteach said of the pope.

Boteach said that the Vatican had shown him documents from its private archive showing that Pius XII, a controversial figure among Jews, rescued Italian Jews during the Holocaust. But Boteach remains critical of Pius, saying he displayed "absolute silence in condemning the Nazi Holocaust outright, which might have gone to great lengths to prevent it."

The church has said that Pius would have put more Jews in danger by publicly condemning the Holocaust because it would have provoked the Nazis.

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/07/opini … ons-death/

Will anyone pay for michael jacksons death :glasses:

Rabbi Shmuley Boteach

The preliminary hearing of Dr. Conrad Murray on charges of involuntary manslaughter in the death of Michael Jackson is an astonishing spectacle.

Here is a doctor who essentially acted as a pusher now denying any and all responsibility for dispensing to Michael a truckload of prescription drugs that eventually killed him. Sources are even reporting that Murray will claim as the linchpin of his defense that Michael injected and killed himself with Propofol, a contention with little to no evidence that in any event utterly skirts the issue of where Michael got all these drugs in the first place. Bodyguards have already testified that as emergency workers came to try to save Michael's life, Murray was gathering bottles of pills and removing them from the scene of the tragedy.

Still more OpinionEvery man is innocent until proven guilty, but when a human being dies of a drug overdose at the age of 50 under the close supervision of a physician, then unless there is something incredible that we don't know, someone's got to go to jail. And Murray isn't the only one. I am still amazed that a year and a half after Michael's death we have still heard nothing about anyone else in his retinue who facilitated his self-destruction.

To be sure, much as he liked to say he was Peter Pan, Michael was an adult and was responsible for his actions. The decision to dull deep emotional pain with destructive pills rather than addressing their root cause was Michael's most tragic mistake.

But that doesn't change the fact that professionals who were on his payroll had a responsibility to protect him from harm, both from others and from himself. Instead they pursued the opposite, content to allow Michael to indulge his growing dependency on piles of prescription drugs.

Why? Because if they gave him what he wanted, they could stay on the inside, continue to get their big salaries and remain in the retinue of the world's biggest star. So they fed the self-destruction and put their greed ahead of basic humanity and morality to at the very least deny Michael the tools of personal destruction.

When witnessing a human being drive his life off a cliff, we all have a responsibility to first, try to stop them, second, deny them the tools by which to pursue the destructive patterns, and third, to risk our very relationship in an effort to get them to stop. If they end up hating you and never speaking to you again, so be it. But what we dare not do is clap while they drive off.

Sponsored Links Life isn't a popularity contest, and making money off someone who is in full disintegration mode is pretty low anyway. But in Michael's case the leeches and sycophants held on to the very end until the golden goose was no longer able to lay any eggs. Then they ran to the hills, each saying it was someone else's fault.

There will be other celebrities who die at a young and tragic age. And other leeches and hangers-on will give more broken Hollywood souls the tools for self-annihilation just so as to participate in the red carpet lifestyle no one today can seem to live without.

But in the case of Michael's death, somebody's got to pay.

Rabbi Shmuley Boteach, the international best-selling author of 25 books, has just published "Honoring the Child Spirit: Inspiration and Learning from Our Children, in Conversation with Michael Jackson." Follow him on Twitter @RabbiShmuley.

Будет ли кто-нибудь платить за смерть Майкла Джексона

Раввин Шмулей Boteach
Предварительное слушание доктора Конрада Мюррея по обвинению в непредумышленном убийстве в смерти Майкла Джексона удивительное зрелище.

Вот врач, который по существу выступал в качестве толкача теперь отрицания какой-либо ответственности за отправление с Майклом грузовик отпускаемых по рецепту лекарств, которые в конце концов убил его. Источники сообщают, что даже Мюррей будет утверждать, как стержнем своей защиты, что Майкл вводили и покончил с собой с пропофола, утверждение с практически нет доказательств того, что в любом случае совершенно юбки вопрос о том, где Майкл получил все эти препараты в первую очередь. Телохранители уже показал, что в качестве аварийных работников пришел, чтобы попытаться спасти жизнь Майкла, Мюррей собирал бутылки таблетки и удаление их от места трагедии.

Был здравоохранения на поправку до реформы?
Еще более OpinionEvery человек считается невиновным пока не доказана его вина, но когда человек умирает от передозировки наркотиков в возрасте 50 лет под тщательным наблюдением врача, то, если есть что-то невероятное, что мы не знаем, кто-то должен уйти в тюрьму. А Мюррей не только один. Я до сих пор удивлен, что полтора года после смерти Майкла мы до сих пор ничего не слышал о ком-либо в своей свитой, которые способствовали его самоуничтожения.
Чтобы быть уверенным, так же как он любил говорить, что он был Питер Пэн, Майкл был взрослых и несет ответственность за свои действия. Решение скучно глубокую эмоциональную боль с разрушительными таблетки, а не устранения их коренных причин наиболее трагической ошибкой Майкла.
Но это не меняет того факта, что специалисты, которые были на его заработной платы был ответственность, чтобы защитить его от вреда, как от других и от себя. Вместо этого они преследовали напротив, содержание, чтобы Майкл побаловать свою растущую зависимость от груды лекарственных препаратов.

Почему? Потому что, если они дали ему, что он хочет, они могли бы остановиться на внутренней, продолжают получать свои большие зарплаты и оставаться в свите самая большая звезда в мире. Так что они кормят самоуничтожения и положить их жадность впереди основных гуманности и морали, чтобы по крайней мере отрицать Майкл средствами индивидуальной уничтожения.

Когда свидетелями человеческих время диск свою жизнь со скалы, мы все несем ответственность за во-первых, попытаться остановить их, во-вторых, лишить их инструментами для обеспечения преследовать деструктивных моделей поведения, и в-третьих, риск наших отношений в усилия , чтобы заставить их остановиться. Если они в конечном итоге ненавидеть вас и никогда не говорю с вами снова, пусть будет так. Но то, что мы не осмеливаемся сделать, это удар в то время как они уезжают.

Рекламные ссылки Жизнь не популярность конкурса, и зарабатывать деньги с тех, кто находится в режиме полного распада является довольно низким в любом случае. Но в случае Майкла пиявок и подхалимов, состоявшемся до самого конца, пока золотой гусь был не в состоянии устанавливать какие-либо яйца. Тогда они побежали к холмам, каждый говоря, что это был кто-то вине другого.

Там будут и другие знаменитости, которые умирают в молодом возрасте и трагической. И другие пиявок и прихлебателей передаст более сломанной Голливуде души инструменты для самоуничтожения именно так, как принять участие в красный ковер образ жизни Никто сегодня не могу жить без них.

Но в случае смерти Майкла, кто-то должен платить.

Раввин Шмулей Boteach, международных бестселлеров автор 25 книг, только что опубликовала "в честь ребенка Духа. Вдохновение и учиться у наших детей, в разговоре с Майклом Джексоном" Следуйте за ним на Twitter @ RabbiShmuley.

Отредактировано Классный руководитель (08-01-2011 02:03:31)

http://lesliemjhu.blogspot.com/2011/01/ … rabbi.html

Равин Shmuley Boteach только что выпустил новую книгу под названием "Почитание Духа ребенка: вдохновение и обучение у наших детей", которую он продвигает с именем Майкла Джексона. Опять.

Просто прочитайте обзор, который он сделал на Amazon для своей книги (http://www.amazon.com/Honoring-Child-Sp … 1593156049):

"Чествование Духа ребенка вдохновляющая, эмоциональная и предписывающая книга, которая призывает каждого из нас признать и чтить открытость, креативность, невинность и трепет детей и задействовать и воздать должное детскому духу, который лежит в сердце каждого из нас.
Взрослой жизни, в соответствии с покойным Майклом Джексоном, не будет и конец взросления и существования стоит жизни. С высоким ожиданиям общества, возлагаемыми на зрелость и ответственность, мы часто закрываем наше любопытство, чувство игры и глубокой чувствительности. И с этим закрытием мы слишком часто не в состоянии признать и лелеять этот дух в наших собственных детях и детях мира, чтобы они могли развиваться и процветать, как дети.

С глав воспоминаний, посвященных детским качествам, наиболее важным для Майкла Джексона - от трепета и удивления, творчества и благодарности к воображению и безопасности эта сердечная книга дает голос вечности духа Майкла и как его нужно помнить: как человека, который пытался жить по этим детским качествам. Далекая от совершенства, эта была попытка сохранить невинность среди атрибутов славы, что стало целью всей его жизни".

Отредактировано Ines (22-01-2011 21:00:13)

+1

Шмули отписался по поводу ситуации с News of the World и Майклом Джексоном

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/rabbi-s … 92935.html

Ten years ago I tried to extract Michael Jackson from the hell of a tabloid life. Nothing hurt him more than being referred to as Wacko Jacko, something he always told me originated in the British tabloids. And it is worth mentioning, now that we have commemorated the second anniversary of his death, that the mountain of pills he regularly swallowed and which eventually killed him was an effort, more than anything else, to neuter the pain of being treated as a joke. Michael believed he had a serious message to share, that children were both special and innocent and the world had a responsibility to prioritize them and preserve their goodness. But he also understood that with the two boys alleging that he had acted indecently, though never convicted, his credibility had been irreversibly shattered. He was therefore doomed to a life of empty celebrity incarceration when, in truth, he so badly wished to use dedicate his renown to a cause larger than himself.

This lesson -- that fame is nice but credibility is everything -- has strong resonance for modern-day Britain, a country I arrived in at the tender age of 22, where I spent 11 years of my life and became a man, and where six of my nine children were born. Britain was once the most serious and influential nation on earth. It gave the world the Magna Carta and Parliamentary democracy. It produced William Shakespeare and Sir Isaac Newton. It peacefully freed its slaves decades before America and led the charge in saving the world from Hitler.

But those accomplishments seem a faint glimmer today as British society, once the most highly educated and sophisticated on earth, seems to have traded in seriousness and credibility for out-of-control celebrity. Having at times in my life made the mistake of prizing recognition over gravitas, I am not here to judge. Lord knows, I served as Michael Jackson's Rabbi and revolved, at times, in constant celebrity society, I experienced how good it felt to feel famous. But having seen what the tabloid life did to Michael, I now run from it like the plague.

While living in Britain and serving as Rabbi to the students of Oxford University, I slowly noticed the change taking place in Britain. I still remember the day the Oxford Union -- once the most celebrated debating society on earth -- invited Kermit the Frog as one of their speakers. It was 1994 and the announcement still raised hackles. But this was before Britain became synonymous with the origin of reality TV like Big Brother, Project Catwalk, and many other programs that were imported into the US. It was before stories of John Terry, Wayne Rooney, Ashley Cole, and Ryan Giggs trumped by far the reporting on Britain's laudable efforts in Libya. Serious newspapers were not yet published as tabloids and a strict line still seemed to separate thoughtful journalism from scandal saturation.

But all that seems to have changed now, with tabloid celebrity becoming the dominant headline in Britain. It is easy for me to bemoan the fall of British gravitas. Perhaps as an American who had the privilege of living in Britain's most fabled university town for more than a decade I had too glamorized a view of Britain's history. But still I have to ask, is it possible that the nation who was led, just half a century ago, by the world's greatest statesman and orator is now reduced to no one who can strut the world's stage aside from William and Kate?

As a lover of debate I used to sit in awe as I watched young Oxford students and British politicians at the Union eviscerate each other with a command of language that had little parallel in anything I had witnessed in the United States. It inspired me to speak and write better. But I was sadly not all that surprised when I asked a recent Oxford graduate who was the most memorable speaker he has heard at Oxford over the last few years and he responded, "Martin Sheen."

Yes, we Americans have our trash TV and our celebrity scandals. We have politicians who self-destruct with disturbing scandals and supermarket tabloids who assure is that Elvis is still alive and is now married to Princess Diana. But that world still seems cordoned off -- for the most part -- from the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, Harvard, and Yale. The UK, however, has allowed some of its leading institutions to go tabloid and obsess over sensationalism.

Britain was once the most revered culture on earth. This was not merely due to the strength of its Navy or the fact that it was sovereign over one quarter of the earth's surface, a fact of colonialism that rightly disturbs many in Britain today. Rather, it was primarily due to the high quality of its education, its world-renowned thinkers, and the striking quality of its ideas. And it is a tradition that Britain must once again reclaim if it is to significantly play on the world's stage yet again.

Rabbi Shmuley Boteach, whom Newsweek calls 'the most famous Rabbi in America,' was the London Times Preacher of the Year in 1999 and is the international best-selling author of 25 books, including 'An Intelligent Person's Guide to Judaism.' (Duckworth) Follow him on Twitter @RabbiShmuley.

P.S. 
Я все сижу жду,  какая будет вторая новость Бам.?  Пока в поисковиках  лидирует сообщение о том, что Майк Тайсон предложил Ла Тойе много  денег за секс.  :smoke:  Думаете, это оно?   :unsure:  :tomato:

Rabbi writes 'true story of Jesus'
RELIGION NEWS SERVICE   http://www.chron.com/life/houston-belie … 641041.php
Published 06:01 p.m., Thursday, January 19, 2012

Rabbi Shmuley Boteach, spiritual counselor to Michael Jackson and author of the best-selling Kosher Sex, is about to publish Kosher Jesus. The Orthodox Boteach deems it "the true story of Jesus of Nazareth … a man who lived, taught and died as a Jew."

It is also, he says, a book that can mellow Jewish antipathy toward Jesus and better explain Jesus to Christians. In Judeo-Christian tradition, he writes, "Jesus is the hyphen that unites us."

But some right-wing Jews have already denounced Boteach as a heretic for promoting Jesus, and the rabbi has heard from some conservative Christians who don't appreciate the chapters on why Jews reject the idea of Jesus' divinity.

Q: Why are so many Jews so uncomfortable with Jesus?

A: Here you have the most famous Jew of all time who became the symbol and the source of world anti-Semitism for two millennia, and countless Jews died in Jesus' name. So Jews then naturally assume that he is the height of un-kosher. But it seems absurd that we would have allowed so prominent a figure to be divested from his people without even getting to the bottom of the story.

Q: What do Christians fail to understand about Jesus as you have studied him?

A: The true story of Jesus is that he was a patriot of his people who was completely Torah observant and fought against Roman oppression. It's time for non-Jews to discover the source of those teachings.

Evangelical Christians want to bring values to the country, but notice that their attempt to do so is politically polarizing. One of the reasons for this is that Christians are not focusing sufficiently on the humanity of Jesus.

Q: Studying Jesus, you have concluded that some Christians have misconstrued his advice to "love your enemies" and "turn the other cheek." Why?

A: They're often misused as a justification for pacifism. Jesus resisted the brutality of the Romans. Jesus said to love your enemies. He never said to love God's enemies. Your enemy is the guy who took your parking space. Jesus said overlook it; I agree 1,000 percent. He never says love the Emperor Caligula, who's killing everybody in ancient Judea.

Q: Oprah Winfrey gave you your own radio show. You had Michael Jackson's ear. Why do you associate with celebrities?

A: My first consideration is nothing other than helping someone in need. But to the extent that famous people have strong followings, they can help propagate a wholesome message. Judaism has useful universal values that are healing for people and for society. I took Michael Jackson to synagogue, but I never tried to convert him. We are not a proselytizing people.

Q: And you think Jesus can help spread that Jewish message, too?

A: The Jews have relegated themselves to spiritual obscurity. People go to the Dalai Lama to discover their deeper spiritual core. They come to the Jewish community for campaign contributions.

Look how many Jews practice Buddhism and don't know anything about their own religion. Jesus is a person who brought the teachings of Judaism to the widest possible audience.

Раввин пишет "истинную историю Иисуса
СЕРВИС НОВОСТИ РЕЛИГИЯ
Опубликовано 6:01 вечера, Четверг, 19 Январь 2012

Раввин Шмулей Boteach, духовного советника Майкла Джексона и автор бестселлера Кошерный секс, собирается опубликовать Кошерный Иисуса. Православные Boteach считает "реальной истории Иисуса из Назарета ... человек, который жил, учил и умер как еврей".

Также, по его словам, книга, которая может мягкий еврейской антипатии к Иисусу и лучше объяснить Иисус для христиан. В иудейско-христианской традиции, он пишет: «Иисус есть дефис, что нас объединяет".

Но некоторые правые евреи уже осудили Boteach как еретик для продвижения Иисуса, и раввин слышал от некоторых консервативных христиан, которые не ценят главах о том, почему евреев отказаться от идеи божественности Иисуса.

Вопрос: Почему так много евреев, так неудобно с Иисусом?

: Вот вам самый известный еврей всех времен и который стал символом и источником мировой антисемитизм в течение двух тысячелетий, и бесчисленное множество евреев погибло во имя Иисуса. Так евреев, то, естественно предположить, что он является высота не-кошерным. Но кажется нелепым, что мы позволили бы столь видное место цифры, которая будет лишена та из народа своего, даже не на дно истории.

Вопрос: Что христиане не понимают, о Иисусе, как вы изучили его?

: Подлинная история Иисуса в том, что он был патриотом своего народа, который был полностью соблюдающий Тору и сражался против римского гнета. Это время для неевреев, чтобы обнаружить источник этих учений.

Евангельские христиане хотят довести ценности страны, но замечают, что их попытки сделать это политически поляризации. Одной из причин этого заключается в том, что христиане не являются достаточной фокусировки на человечество Иисуса.

Вопрос: ". Подставлять другую щеку" Изучение Иисуса, вы пришли к выводу, что некоторые христиане неправильно его совет "любите врагов ваших" и Почему?

: Они часто злоупотребляли для оправдания пацифизма. Иисус сопротивляется жестокость римлян. Иисус сказал: любите врагов ваших. Он никогда не говорил, любви к врагам Божьим. Ваш враг парень, который взял вашу стоянку. Иисус сказал, игнорировать этот факт, я согласен на 1000 процентов. Он никогда не говорит любви императора Калигулы, который убивает всех в древней Иудее.

Вопрос: Опра Уинфри дала вам ваше собственное радио-шоу. Нужно было ухо Майкла Джексона. Почему вы связываете со знаменитостями?

: Мое первое соображение не что иное, помогать кому-то в ней нуждается. Но в той степени, что известные люди имеют сильные следующие, они могут помочь распространять полезные сообщения. Иудаизм полезных универсальных ценностей, которые являются исцеление для людей и для общества. Я взял Майкла Джексона в синагогу, но я никогда не пытался обратить его. Мы не обращение в свою веру людей.

Вопрос: И вы думаете, что Иисус может помочь распространить сообщение, что еврейские тоже?

: Евреи отводится себя духовной безвестности. Люди идут к Далай-ламе, чтобы обнаружить их глубокое духовное ядро. Они приходят к еврейской общине для кампании взносов.

Посмотрите, как много евреев практике буддизма и ничего не знаем об их собственной религии. Иисус есть человек, который принес учение иудаизма к максимально широкой аудитории.

Вы здесь » MJisALIVEru » Окружение » Shmuley Boteach